Top Ad

Thursday, May 04, 2023

The Pulse of Entertainment: Saxman Shawn Raiford Releases ‘Forever’ Single | LISTEN #jazz



*“I’m a huge Sade fan. I wanted something that represents Sade…I wanted that vibe,” said Urban Jazz saxophonist Shawn Raiford about his new single “Forever,” which was released for Valentine’s Day, from his upcoming album “The Next Step.” “It has drums coming in…from there we pieced it together. It took a few months to get it like I wanted it.”

The single “Forever” features Andre Delano on sax and Quintin Paris on vocals. The single was written by Shawn, Ashley Jemison, and Grammy-winning Derek Allen (Janet Jackson). Raiford is also fluent in playing R&B, Gospel, Pop, and Rock music.

“I didn’t start playing the sax until I was 35 years old,” he told me when I asked why this upcoming album is only his second. “My grandmother had a celebration at church…she raised me. My aunt asked what I wanted to do. I laughed and said a sax solo. We all laughed. My aunt showed me the program and had Shawn Raiford on sax. I asked her who was that? I went and got a sax. The only thing I had to play was ‘When the Saints Go Marching In.’ I released my first album ‘Man with a Horn’ when I was 55 years old in 2020. I’m 57 now, this is my second album.”

Read the entire Shawn Raiford article on eurweb.com by clicking here!


Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com


No comments: