Top Ad

Friday, March 03, 2023

Eliane Elias Delivers a Bossa Nova Love Letter #jazz

Eliane Elias scored a rarity in 2022. The renowned singer and remarkable pianist won two Grammys in the same year for her radiant Mirror Mirror recording on Candid Records that featured her in scintillating duo adventures with close friends Chick Corea and Chucho Valdés — her first solo piano outing since 1995, when she delivered Solos And Duets, a Blue Note album featuring duets with Herbie Hancock.



In the February 2022 Grammys, Elias garnered the Best Latin Jazz Album award for Mirror Mirror, then in the Latin Grammy Awards in the November, she swung another victory for Best Latin Jazz Album. It was a celebration of virtuosos in close improvisational conversation, all the more valuable since the four-song New York session proved to be the final studio album before Corea’s death.

“The wins are very special,” said a buoyant Elias enjoying a rare moment at home during a tour break for her luscious new album, Quietude. “I did some research about the Grammys and Latin Grammys and found out that had never happened before. So what I did was historic. It was a validation of my work. Plus, it was a gift to Chick, who I met at the beginning of my career in Brazil when he toured with Gary Burton. He encouraged me and helped me get my work visa to live in New York. He played with me so beautifully and so full of life at the end of his career.”


Read the entire article at downbeat.com by clicking here


Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

No comments: