Top Ad

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Eric Darius Gets An Assist From Norman Brown On Album Track

Saxophonist Eric Darius is back with his third album, titled Goin' All Out. The popular musician and songwriter creates a smooth jazz album with a contemporary feel, and on one song even got assistance from guitarist Norman Brown.

Brown adds guitar to the upbeat tune "Just For The Moment," which Darius says he wrote during a drive in his car. The tune came after a difficult period for the saxophonist, which included breaking up with his longtime fiancee.

Darius explained: "I just kind of started reflecting on my life and all the great things that I've been through and my experiences. And I just really got this sense of hope. It was this optimistic feel that everything was gonna be OK. It was kind of like this spiritual thing that kind of overtook me, and I all of a sudden started getting really, really happy, and I had the feeling that all the things I was going through were only for the moment and things were only going to get better. And that's what inspired that song."

Darius added that Brown was the first person he thought of as a guest on the track: "I wanted to feature another artist on this song, and Norman Brown was the first person that came to mind. Number one, he's one of my favorite smooth jazz guitarists, and also his playing, he has this real bouncy, exciting, happy type of feel when he plays and it was the perfect complement to the song. He did an incredible job, it was great working with him."

The first single to be released from the new album is the title track "Goin' All Out," which has reached Number 19 on the smooth jazz radio charts.

For more on Eric and his performing schedule, go to ericdarius.com.

By: Janine Coveney

Find more Eric Darius CDs at amazon.com
Find more Norman Brown CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: