Top Ad

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

David Sanborn Releasing Another CD Influenced By Ray Charles

David Sanborn returns on January 26 with a CD titled Only Everything that is his second collection of songs influenced by the late Ray Charles and again produced by the Phil Ramone. The first CD came with 2008’s Here and Gone, which featured the smooth jazz hit single “Brother Ray.”

Only Everything features the trio of Sanborn, Joey Defrancesco on Hammond B-3 organ and Steve Gadd on drums. There are also guest vocal appearances by Joss Stone (“Let the Good Times Roll”) and James Taylor (“Hallelujah I Love Her So”).

“If anyone would ask me what Ray – or Ray’s musicians – meant to me, my answer might be, only everything,” Sanborn says. “As a concept, Only Everything is about gratitude. I’m grateful not only for the musical life I’ve been able to live, but the original sources of inspiration that continue to inform and excite me fifty years after encountering them.”

Two of the major musicians in Charles’ band, saxophonists Hank Crawford and Fathead Newman, died between the recording of Sanborn’s Here and Gone and Only Everything. “ ‘The Peeper’ is my tribute to Hank Crawford,” Sanborn says, referring to the new CD’s opening track.

Only Everything track listing

1. The Peeper
2. Only Everything (for Genevieve)
3. Hard Times
4. Let The Good Times Roll
5. Baby Won’t You Please Come Home
6. Hallelujah, I Love Her So
7. You’ve Changed
8. Blues In The Night

This is an original post of smoothjazznetwork.com

Shop The David Sanborn Store at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

Bookmark and Share

No comments: