Top Ad

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Critically Acclaimed Composer Mahmood Schricker to release the Soundtrack to the award winning new film "Fremont" #jazz


We Are Everywhere! Since 2006

Two for the Show Media

-Media Advance-

Critically Acclaimed Composer

Mahmood Schricker to release the Soundtrack to the

award winning new film

"Fremont"


Release Date: November 3rd, 2023


"Jalali complements this wistful mood with a jazzy score from Mahmood Schricker, which, driven by sitar [setar] and low-pitched horn, seems to cut through the dead air of Donya’s impassive encounters."

-The New York Times ..8/31/23




About the Score


This film is my late wife's Marjaneh Moghimi’s (Butimar Productions) legacy as she passed away just before the shooting started in 2022. I was hired as the composer in 2019, and four months after her passing I was faced to make the music to her film. I found an extreme passion and drive to make something beautiful for her. The only thing I could do given this period off grief, was to contact my musician friend Leandro Joaquim, and ask him to collaborate with me as I gave him several ideas. The result is a very raw and almost “requiem like” music that I proposed to Babak Jalali (the director).


I was so thrilled when Jalali started cutting the film to my music. That is how everything fell into place musically. The ending score called “birth” was also a birthday gift to her about 10 years ago. So for me the overall journey was only for my wife Marjaneh and I was extremely lucky that Babak approved it and used it in the film. - Mahmood Schricker

About Mahmood Schricker


Musician and producer Mahmood Schricker was born in Tehran, and moved to Toronto in his teens. He received his MA in Ethnomusicology from York University on Persian repertoire and his BA in philosophy from University of Western Ontario. As founder of Link Music Lab he has supported the promotion and creation of Iranian-Canadian music. He has continued to explore mixing of electronic music (Dub Techno) and the classical Persian Dastgah system in his debut album Null (2012), EL Muerte (2018) and Mount Dilaudid (2022). He has also used his setar for film and commercial compositions such as Fremont – 2023 (Sundance) Radio Dreams – 2016 (Tiger Award winner at the International Film Festival Rotterdam), Through the Breeze (2020) and mainstream commercials “Nike: Win in any condition” (ceft and company 2014), The Double (2015 Helena Christensen Vs. Magazine).



For further information visit:

https://linktr.ee/mahmoodschricker


Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

No comments: