Top Ad

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Everette Harp - All For You

Everette's A440 debut will be released today July 20, 2004 and includes guest performances from Norman Brown, Earl Klugh, Paul Jackson Jr., Dwight Sills, and George Duke.
“I’m really back to doing what I do best on this record, which is take some great tunes and play to the heart of the song in the way that the song dictates, not being influenced by anything else happening in the genre,” says the saxman. “Every song doesn’t have to have a whole story behind it, but it has to touch a chord and I’ve really got to like it, whether I wrote it or not. I like to add some blowing solo sections to create more of a player’s vibe, because I didn’t get into this genre just to play nice melodies. I did it because I love jazz, and the adventurous nature of improvisation. My whole career, I’ve had a good time combining contemporary R&B with improv elements, and that’s the kind of energy I wanted on All For You.”

No comments: