Top Ad

Monday, February 22, 2010

Larry Carlton Enjoyed Time With Fourplay, Looking Forward To Future

Larry Carlton, who recently left the band Fourplay and was replaced by Chuck Loeb, says he enjoyed his time with the group and is now looking forward to working on the many projects he has planned.

“I will cherish all of the wonderful personal and musical memories, over the past 12 years, which I was fortunate enough to share with Fourplay,” Carlton wrote on his website. “Now with the very accomplished Chuck Loeb in the guitar chair, I very much anticipate more great music from Fourplay in the future. As for me, I’m looking forward to being able to spend more time on the many exciting projects I have in the works, all of which I’m anxious to share with my friends and fans.”

Carlton joined Fourplay in 1998 after original guitarist Lee Ritenour left. In addition to his own record label, 335 Records, he oversees and interactive guitar course called 335 Improv. He continues to tour worldwide, frequently collaborates with guitarist Robben Ford (they have a show April 29 in Boulder, Colo.), and is a group he started called Sapphire Blue Band.

Loeb will make his Fourplay debut April 18 at the Seabreeze Jazz Festival in Panama City Beach, Florida.

Originally posted by Brian Soergel at smoothjazznetwork.com

Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

Bookmark and Share

No comments: