Top Ad

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Saxophonist Mindi Abair to Appear in Upcoming Adam Sandler Movie

Next year, saxophonist Mindi Abair will be sharing the big screen with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in a movie called Just Go With It. Abair will be playing herself as a wedding band member. Abair says the singer in the band even performs a rap with her name in it, saying “Playing sax with care is Mindi Abair.”

“Adam and I have a long history,” Abair says. “I toured with him for a summer when he did a full music tour of the US. I then recorded vocals and saxophone on his CD What’s Your Name?, which is now platinum. He called me ‘The Big Man’ in his HBO special as I came out to play the ending sax solo of the night on a Bruce Springsteen song. I was his Clarence Clemons. He wanted to put a disclaimer in the credits for that special saying that I really did play the saxophone. It wasn’t a joke that a blonde came out at the end of the show and rocked out on sax. It was real. We had everyone coming backstage after the shows saying how it was amazing how much I looked like I really played the sax. They thought it was a joke.”

More recently, Abair sang with Sandler last year when he received his lifetime achievement award at the MTV Movie Awards. “Adam’s been a friend for a long time,” Abair says. “ He’s always used his friends in his movies and for his projects. I’m lucky to be his friend. And I definitely took the cue from him in my own career. I’ve made records with my friends, toured with my friends, and surrounded myself with people I love and respect. He was a great role model for that.”

Search Amazon.com Music for Mindi Abair
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

Bookmark and Share

No comments: