Top Ad

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Peter White Excels At On-The-Road Recording

Best-selling guitarist Peter White says that many of the tracks that he recorded for his current smash album Playin' Favorites were recorded while he was on tour in the summer of 2005. The album, a collection of well-known pop and R&B tunes, feature cameos by artists that he crossed paths with while on tour.

White says that modern technology has made this method of recording extremely easy. He explained: "I was on the road most of last summer and I had already started the album and I decided I'd take my laptop studio on the road with me, my laptop computer with a microphone. That's really all you need nowadays to record pretty much anywhere. So I would set up my studio in dressing rooms backstage at shows and the guys I was on tour with, I got them to record."

White's current single from the CD is "Mister Magic."

The guitarist is currently touring with Jazz Attack, also featuring trumpeter Rick Braun, saxophonist Richard Elliot, and singer/guitarist Jonathan Butler. For tour dates go to peterwhite.com.

By: Janine Coveney icebergradio.com

Find more Peter White CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: