Top Ad

Monday, November 03, 2008

Walter Beasley Confronts Turbulent Times on New Album

For nearly two decades, smooth jazz saxophonist Walter Beasley has wielded his combination of talents as an instrumentalist as well as a vocalist to build a compelling discography and international reputation.

The latest installment in his growing body of work is Free Your Mind, set for release on January 27th. The album is Beasley’s musical attempt to make sense of recent global and personal events that have changed his perspective on his own life and the human experience in general.

“All I wanted to do with this record was accurately reflect the times and how I felt about them,” says Beasley. “I had been working so much in the past few years, and living this musical life so intensely, that I hadn’t taken the time to recognize the emotional impact of some things that had been happening in my life and in the world.”

For Beasley, the making of Free Your Mind has been a learning experience, not just musically but also emotionally. “This is a more mature piece of work than anything else I’ve ever recorded,” he says. “I’ve done some growing up, and this album is a reflection of that process.”

“I think this is a record that can help people let go of their concerns for a while and just lose themselves in the moment.”

For more information on Walter Beasley you can visit his website, walterbeasley.com.

Find more Walter Beasley CDs on amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: