Top Ad

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Will Downing Ready to Tour with Holiday Show

Singer Will Downing is joining the Smooth Christmas tour that also features Lalah Hathaway and saxophonist Gerald Albright. The vocalist is looking forward to performing holiday material as well as tunes from his hit 2007 CD release After Tonight.

This year Downing concentrated on getting back into live performing after battling back from the degenerative muscle disease polymyositis. He made a triumphant return to the stage with a series of shows this past summer, and the Christmas shows will be his next concert trek.

Asked about balancing his health with his career, Downing told us: "You know what? I take it day by day. You know the phone is ringing consistently for folks to book me to come out and do whatever I do. That's good, but I'm trying to do a good balancing act now. I take a little work, do a little play. I do what I can do. I don't over-extend myself. "

Tour dates include:
November 28 - Detroit, MI - Detroit Opera House
November 29 - Washington, DC - Warner Theatre
November 30 - Washington, DC - Bolling Air Force Base/Strike Against Stroke event
December 05 - Memphis, TN - Canon Center
December 12 - Dallas, TX - Majestic Theatre
December 13 - Houston, TX - Arena Theatre
December 14 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
December 19 - Indianapolis, IN - Madame Walker Theatre
December 20 - Chicago, IL - Parkwest Theatre
December 21 - Atlanta, GA - Woodruff Arts Center

Article by V98.7 Smooth Jazz Detroit

Shop The Will Downing Store at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: