Top Ad

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kirk Whalum Hits On 'Ultimate' Disc

A 12-track collection of favorite recording by saxophonist Kirk Whalum will soon be available. Ultimate Kirk Whalum is due on the Mosaic Contemporary label on August 14th, and features material from his 16-CD career.

Included on the set are several of his Number One smooth jazz singles, including "My All" and "Now 'Til Forever," as well as his inspirational material and tunes from his 2006 CD, The Babyface Songbook.

Whalum is not only a solo recording artist, but he has enjoyed collaborative projects with other artists and has served as a studio session player for vocalists such as Whitney Houston and Luther Vandross. He explained: "I've been on a sort of alternating path lately where I'll do some of my own things and then I'll do another record where it's just totally for the listener. So no, I like the idea. It's sort of like, you don't always have to be the quarterback. I think that's really part of my nature to sort of step aside."

Whalum's next studio album is titled Round Trip, which is due on Rendezvous Entertainment on August 28th.

By: Janine Coveney

Find more Kirk Whalum CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: