Top Ad

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Al Jarreau Says He's Always Loved Love Songs

Singer Al Jarreau is enjoying his association with recording timeless tunes of romance with the release of the compilation, Al Jarreau: Love Songs, last month. The new set is a focus on the many ballad favorites from across the Grammy winner's three-decade-plus career. Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Jarreau began singing to audiences as a member of the choir at the church where his father served as vicar and says that he was entranced by romantic tunes since he was very small. He explained: "Love songs knocked me over when I was a kid. And I mean love song with sentiments that I shouldn't have understood, I must have come here with something that was sensitive to love songs. (Sings) 'Bewitched, bothered, and bewildered am I ...'What should I have known about that, at eight?" Jarreau is planning to record an album of holiday favorites that will be released later this year. He embarks on a brief Valentine's Day tour on February 8th at Cleveland's Severance Hall.

For more dates, go to aljarreau.com.

By: Janine Coveney

Find more Al Jarreau CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: