Top Ad

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lizz Wright Takes A Journey To 'The Orchard'

Acclaimed singer Lizz Wright is planning to release a new disc this month.

The Orchard will be released February 26th. The first single from the project will be the song "My Love." Wright says the album was inspired by a nostalgic trip. "The Orchard started with a trip that I took home to see my grandparents, and watching how they interacted with their neighbors and friends," she says. "It got me thinking about where I was born and grew up, and that really inspired me a lot."

The Orchard features original music penned by Wright along with unusual covers, including versions of Ike & Tina Turner's "I Idolize You," Sweet Honey In The Rock's "Hey Mann," the Led Zeppelin ballad "Thank You," and Patsy Cline's "Strange."

Producer Craig Street again works his magic with Wright on the new CD. Wright debuted in 2002 with the album Salt, and followed up in 2005 with Dreaming Wide Awake.

By: Janine Coveney

Find more Lizz Wright CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: