Top Ad

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Paul Brown Keeps Things Electric On CD With Marc Antoine

Streaming Media [WMP]
Foreign Exchange
Feel The Love
Guitarist and producer Paul Brown says he and fellow guitarist Marc Antoine definitely stuck to their distinct roles while recording their new collaborative CD, Foreign Exchange. Brown stuck to playing electric jazz guitar while Antoine focused on the acoustic, nylon string guitar, which created some interesting interplay between the two.

Brown, who produced the Peak Records release with Antoine, says that while he's played some acoustic guitar over the years, it's not his thing: "Um, I mean, I do play it, it's not something I do a lot of. I played a little on Jessy J's album, I played quite a bit of nylon string guitar. But essentially I play the jazz box and more of a warmer jazz sound."

The title track from the set, "Foreign Exchange," is climbing the national smooth jazz airplay chart this week.

By: Janine Coveney

Shop The Marc Antoine Store at amazon.com
Shop The Paul Brown Store at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: