Top Ad

Monday, August 20, 2007

Curtis Stigers | Real Emotional

Stream (.mp3): I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

Real Emotional showcases Curtis Stigers's talent as a writer of original material and as an interpreter of modern standards by Bob Dylan, Emmylou Harris, Tom Waits, Mose Allison, Paul Simon, Randy Newman and Hoagy Carmichael.

“This is my niche, my specialty,” says Stigers. “I have a great love and an eclectic knowledge of a wide array of songwriters and musical genres, and I know how to bring them all together into one cohesive sound. I want to follow in the footsteps of my heroes. This is what Ella and Billie Holiday did. This is what Sinatra and Nat Cole did. This is even what Miles and Coltrane and nearly all of the great jazz artists have done. They’ve taken the popular songs of their generation and created something new from them. I know a lot about Rock music and Alt Country and Urban Blues and Folk music and Punk Rock. So I use that knowledge. And that’s what I’m steadily becoming known for.”

TRACKLISTING
1. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
2. I Only Want To Be With You
3. I Don’t Wanna Talk About It Now
4. As You Turn To Go
5. San Diego Serenade
6. A Woman Just Like You
7. American Tune
8. Night Owl
9. Your Mind Is On Vacation
10. I Need You
11. Stardust
12. Real Emotional Girl



Find more Curtis Stigers CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: