Top Ad

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Najee Goes Outside The Lines On 'Rising Sun'

Saxophonist Najee is back in action with "Come What May," the new single from his forthcoming album Rising Sun. The track is co-written with Pieces Of A Dream's James Lloyd, whose piano can also be heard on the track.

Najee says that the new album is somewhat different from his previous set, My Point Of View. He collaborates with a couple of new writers, recorded live where he could, and includes a cover of pop artist John Mayer's "Clarity" on the album.

He explained that he does like to have a theme when recording, something slightly different from the material he explored previously: "Yeah, I try to make everything different. I do, every album, cause I really don't like repeating myself. You know, you already have the voice that's familiar and it says what it says, but the compositions I think have to reflect something new, I think. And that's where I try to go with every record. I just try to get things that feel good. And yeah, I guess I do go for a theme, something that's gonna work together but still establish my identity and keep my integrity as a musician."

Najee's Rising Sun is due for release on August 14th.

By: Janine Coveney

Find more Najee CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: