Top Ad

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New 4-Cd Luther Vandross Collection To Be Released

A new comprehensive retrospective collection on the late Luther Vandross is scheduled for an October release. The four-disc boxed set will feature six previously unreleased tracks, along with duets with Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Frank Sinatra and others.

Love, Luther offers a total of 53 songs, tracing Vandross' career from his days as a New York jingle singer to his 15 platinum albums. The collection also includes a book featuring rare photos, essays by music figures, and a poem by Nikki Giovanni.

On Vandross' final album, Dance With My Father, Beyonce sang with him on a cover of the 1978 Roberta Flack/Donnie Hathaway hit "The Closer I Get To You. " She recalled the experience: "When I got in the studio, I was so nervous, but he was so witty, and funny, and charming, I forgot that I was nervous. (chuckles) I wasn't nervous anymore. And we had so much fun and the song turned out beautiful."

Love, Luther will be released October 16th on the Sony/Legacy label.

Vandross sold more than 30 million records during his 25 years as a solo artist, and earned eight Grammys.

By: Cindy Grogan

Find more Luther Vandross CDs at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: