Top Ad

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Giada Valenti - "And I Love You" In Stores Now

Vocalist showcases her sophisticated sound with new recording

Giada Valenti released And I Love You So, a brand-new recording from Perla Entertainment. With this new CD, the Italian singer and songwriter plans to bring her sophisticated music and European style to fans worldwide.

Giada Valenti’s sound is a contemporary blend of adult pop with jazz influences – imagine a female version of Michael Buble with a taste of Italia. Recognized for her special voice and great stage presence, Giada is often compared to Peggy Lee, Diana Krall, Connie Francis, and Norah Jones. In Italy, they say she sounds like Mina and Ornella Vanoni.



Although Giada is an accomplished songwriter, she decided to record the works of other great composers for And I Love You So. “The songs I chose are so close to my heart that I almost feel like they are my own,” she said. “These songs are timeless, and so are love, music, and romance,” said Giada. “I hope my CD can be the soundtrack to good times in the lives of others.”

The album begins with a sweet rendition of “And I Love You So,” a song penned by Don Mclean and made famous by Perry Como, which is followed by the passionate “Io Che Non Vivo Senza Te,” an Italian classic that has also been performed by the likes of Dusty Springfield, Elvis Presley, and Smokey Robinson.

Valenti, who was born in Italy and now splits her time between New York and Venice, goes south of the border with “It's Impossible (Somos Novios)” - a song written by the premier Mexican bolero composer Armando Manzanero. “My grandparents often played this song in my house, and I always loved it,” recalls Giada. “Singing this song brings back so many memories of them.”

Brazil also factors into the mix of Valenti’s new release: “La Voglio, La Pazzia” was written by the singer/guitarist Toquinho and the poet Vinicius de Moraes, seminal figures in contemporary Brazilian music. Valenti also sings “Estate,” a beautiful, intense, and poignant song often associated with Joao Gilberto.

Giada turns her attention to a song written by the great maestro Ennio Morricone, as she sings “Se,” the love theme from the beloved film Cinema Paradiso. “The melody is a true work of art; the theme is so romantic,” Valenti said. “It’s so true: how can you explain how much you love someone else? We can try but it’s almost impossible. Words are not enough.”

“‘La Vie En Rose’ is the song that made me a singer,” shares Giada. The great Edith Piaf remains one of her musical idols, and Giada is a master interpreter of her works. Valenti features the music of Edith Piaf in her stage show, Celebration of the European Divas. Other songs included on the CD include “Tell Him I Love Him (Dicitencello Vuje),” “Grande Grande Grande,” “Io Che Amo Solo Te,” and “I Have But One Heart (Marinariello)” – a song that Giada calls “so simple and so sweet and yet so beautiful and engaging.”

Giada Valenti dedicates And I Love You So to two great Italian-American heroes, two brothers who died on 9-11 trying to save the lives of others: Firefighter John T. Vigiano and Detective Joseph V. Vigiano.

Giada Valenti - And I Love You So (6-34479-87780-3) available on CD and online in stores now.

Find more Giada Valenti CDs on amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: