Top Ad

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Chuck Loeb Salutes Pat Martino On Current Album

Guitarist Chuck Loeb says that he wanted to create an album that in some ways would reflect on his life as a musician and a person at this stage. For his new set, Presence, the veteran performer says he returned to the style of some of his earliest albums and also paid tribute to his musical influences.

Loeb includes a salute to veteran guitarist Pat Martino on the new album. On the track, titled "Mr. Martino," Loeb says he doubled the sound of his guitar solo to emulate a signature recording by Martino. The technique demonstrates Loeb's inventiveness on his instrument, as he explains: "I doubled the whole thing. In other words, when I say I doubled it I mean I learned my solo, then I played the exact same solo again as a double, so it's got this sound of denseness to it, of two guitars playing together. And I did that because one of my favorite recordings of his is something called 'Desperado' and he played a 12-string guitar with that same sound."

Loeb is getting airplay for the track "Good To Go," which stands at Number 15 on the national smooth jazz airplay chart this week.

By: Janine Coveney icebergradio.com

Find more Chuck Loeb CDs at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com
Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: