Top Ad

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ramsey Lewis Stays On His Toes

At 72, smooth jazz legend Ramsey Lewis is showing no signs of slowing down. Besides hosting two radio shows, touring with his trio and recording (his 76th album, One Voice, came out in 2005), Lewis is working on some original music for a new ballet for the Joffrey Ballet. He is collaborating with famed choreographer Donald Byrd for production's June premiere at the Ravinia Festival outside of Chicago.

So how does the father of seven and grandfather of 13 juggle all those responsibilities? Lewis told Scripps-Howard News Service, "At this point in my life, I wound up doing not one, not two, but several things that I love, and I'm just crazy enough to try and squeeze them all in my schedule. So far, it's working, but maybe it's...because I have so much fun with all of them. When you're having fun and feel good about what you're doing....you sleep well at night and you're ready to get up in the morning and do it all over again."

By: Cindy Grogan - icebergradio.com

Find more Ramsey Lewis CDs at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com
Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: