Top Ad

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Jeff Lorber Nabbed A Keyboard From Herb Alpert (Video)

Jeff Lorber says that one of the ingredients that gives his latest CD Heard That a classic soul feel is his use of the Fender Rhodes electric piano on a number of tracks, as well as touches of Wurlitzer organ. He told Pulse that he loves the sound of the Rhodes, and that his current instrument was somehow transferred to him by Herb Alpert.

Lorber said: "Definitely I love the sound of my Rhodes. I think there's a little bit more Rhodes on this record than in the past and I'm real happy to play that. I'm lucky -- actually the Rhodes that I have used to belong to Herb Alpert, and I worked -- I guess about nine or ten years ago I produced a record for him called Second Wind, and we worked very closely on it. I don't know how it happened exactly but I inherited his electric piano. I think he's got one of my Wurlitzers and I have one of his electric pianos."

Lorber's current single from Heard That is "Rehab."

The keyboardist is on a tour of Scandinavia and Europe, starting this week.



Shop The Jeff Lorber Store at amazon.com
Best selling smooth jazz at amazon.com
Jazz from Amazon.com

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: